Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Memorable Vacation 2011

It was a memorable vacation of one month for me this year.  Immediately after our Convocation on March and a few days, we (faculty teams) moved to different destinations on April 01 for Admissions interviews.  I happened to be in Kolkata, Mumbai and Bangalore.  Back from this job, and after a few days work, I took annual vacation of one month from April 24 and proceeded to Bangalore (from Manipal) on 23rd itself.

On reaching and while watching news on TV during the day, the sad news of demise of Bhagwan Sri Satya Sai Baba was flashed. End of that week, precisely on April 30, I took delivery of Nissan Micra (my daughter's choice) in Bangalore.  On 2nd May the news of Osama Bin Laden's death in Abbottabad by USA forces was flashed.  In the mean time, of course IPL 4 matches have also been going on.  Besides, the tamasha on Elections in Bengal, TN, Assam, Kerala and Pondicherry were also in news.

On 6th I left Bangalore for Kurnool (for research work) and to Hyderabad on the 7th May.  I met almost all my old friends / colleagues and relatives during one week stay roaming round Hyderabad in my Nissan (despite tough traffic) including survey of real estate in the city.  On 13th I started from Hyderabad to Bangalore via Puttaparthi to have a Darshan of the devine place in absence of Baba and reached home by 10 pm.  In Bangalore the hunting was on for fixing up a new flat in comparison to Hyderabad.......

I travelled to Chennai on the 19th by train with the MESM group and stayed a night in Hotel Peninsula.  Next day, it was a smooth sail at the German Consulate for our visas.  On Saturday the 21st, I attended a wedding of my old friend Mr Suryananarayana's (1975 M Com classmate) daughter in Velacherry.  I also met a few old friends of Hyderabad viz., Gopal, Murthy and Rammohan Rao and it was pleasant feeling.

22nd May was the day we had Summer Hues of TAPMIans in Chennai at Hotel Benzz Park, T Nagar.  Having had a satisfying trip, I returned to Bangalore on 23rd only to attend another event - Aparna's son's Upanayanam.  On the evening, I had a pleasant task of seeing off some guests at Bangalore Cantonment Railway Station.  Back home, RK was waiting for a cozy dinner! Now, the work of packing for next month's Euro tour started in a small way that I left behind quite a few of personal belongings for the trip.  Today, I am in Manipal back at work followed by meetings and discussions on the Europe trip at MCES.

No comments: