Saturday, January 11, 2014


Five years back, on Jan 10, 2009, while I was working in Alliance Business School, Bangalore as a Professor of Finance & Registrar, I was invited by TAPMI, Manipal organising students group of Atharva to be an anchor for Polemic event covering Banking Sector - Reforms or Regulations.  The main speakers were senior bankers from RBI, Corporation Bank and Axis Bank.  It was such a nostalgic feeling for me to be back to TAPMI after about 2 and half years and entering in to a new campus.  There were several changes including exit of the previous Director in July 2008.  Dr AS Vasudev Rao was Director-in-Charge and many new faculty members joined the Institute.  

Dr Simon George was Dean-Academics and both of them had invited me to re-join the Institute leaving behind my services with Alliance in Bangalore.  The event went on for about two hours closing with a dinner.  What a strange feeling to be a guest in an institute I had spent over seven years?  In due course, I made up my mind, considered to rejoin TAPMI, leaving behind my family members in Bangalore.  In the meantime, a new Director Dr Saji Gopinath assumed charge too. 

No comments: