Wednesday, May 26, 2010

A fulfilling trip to Salem, TN


The Summer Vacation 2010 was different for me. My First Day was at Oracle office in Bannerghatta, Bangalore on 14th May with Dr Simon and Prof Jaims for a valediction program.  Side by side to availing of vacation, I have been also attending to official work at CEE, Koramangala primarily for e-GPX related work.

On 22nd I travelled to Salem / Rasipuram in TN by taxi along with Ganga to address a session on Emotional Intelligence to 35 participants of an AICTE sponsored  two week long (10th to 22nd May) Faculty Development Program conducted by Muthayammal Engineering College.  I was invited by Dr Saravanan Raj, HOD of Management Dept., also to be a Special Guest at the valediction to deliver an address and distribute the Participation Certificates. I had the opportunity of interacting with Dr Prabhakaran of NIT-Calicut.

The second part of the trip was to visit another unique and special Ganesha temple about 10 kms away from Salem on 22nd evening. Next day, we travelled to another special tourist spot - Yercaud, a hill station.  It was really a pleasant morning going round gardens and boating.  TN Tourism Department and Government deserves to be complimented for offering such a wonderful spot to the tourists.  A few photographs have been uploaded in my pages in Face Book and Orkut. We returned home on the evening of 23rd May.

As the vacation is continuing with my personal and official works, with visits, mails and phone calls, I have also completed the evaluation of papers from Sri Satya Sai University, Puttaparthi, AP. There is some progress in my Ph.D. work too.  Some other developments during the period are Air Crash in Mangalore on 22nd,  Alumni meet in Bangalore on 22nd, PM's important Press Meet on 24th, Dr KS Rao's shift to a new B-School in Bangalore, discussions with DNSK, CKR, Mohan, Sowmya, Kavita, et al on various matters.

No comments: