Friday, October 28, 2022

14. MSRF / RIMS assignment

Independence Day at RIBS / MSRF Bangalore in August 2018


Quarterly Newsletter of MSRF in June 2018

14.1 Dr Anantha Padmanabha Achar is a holder of PhD in Management and good friend of mine.  He belongs to Udupi-Manipal and worked in MIM, Manipal Academy of Higher Education for long years.  Later he was Director (MBA Deot.) of Sahyadri College of Management in Mangalore for about five years.  I visited his Institute for Guest Lectures on several occasions. He was a Dean of Corporate Relations in JKSHIM, Nitte for over three years and was keen in propagating Entrepreneurship in general.  Currently, he is CEO of Atal Incubation Centre, Nitte for over three years.

Guest Lecture at Sahyadri Institute, Mangalore 

14.2 in October 2017, during one of our interactions, he suggested me to take up the position of Dean at MS Ramaiah Foundation, Bangalore which is running RIMS, RIBS, RILS Colleges for Management, Business Studies and Law. Dr Pattabhiram is the Director of MS Ramaiah Foundation (MSRF).  Mr Ananth Ravi is a Member of their Board of Studies besides a few top-class Academics, Corporate Professionals and others.  He was earlier with M/s. Reliance, Mumbai in Senior Positions.  I had two-three rounds of discussions with the Director and Team before my consenting to take up as Dean of MSRF Group of Colleges in January 2018.

Cultural Program at MSRF, Bangalore : with Prof Prasad Linganna, Ms Lepakshi and others 

14.3 MSRF is headed by Dr Pattabhiram, who is one of the sons of late Sri M S Ramaiah.  He was an active Member and Administrators of MS Ramaiah University, Bangalore for long years.  MSRF was offering various MBA Programs including that of All India Management Association (AIMA)-New Delhi, Swiss Management Institute, Annamalai University (TN) and Mysore University (Karnataka). Its other programs were under Bangalore University.  MSRF had good number of faculty and staff working for Admissions, Placements, Academics, Accounts, HRD, Registrar's Office, etc. MSRF also had separate hostels for Men and Women students. It was quite popular among students, being reckoned as sister concern of Ramaiah Group.

Half-yearly Research Journal revived in June 2018


Induction Program of PGDM at RIMS Bangalore with Dr Radha and others 

14.4 On the advice of Mr Ananth Ravi, referred by Dr Achar, I took up as Dean of MSRF in February 2018 and worked for 7 months and quit in August 2018.  I worked almost in all facets of the three Institutes, interacted with Faculty, Students and Corporate; and brought in remarkable overall improvements.  I revived the Monthly Newsletters, Website, Publicity Material, Half-yearly Research Journals and encouraged the faculty in offering research seminars as also attending Conferences to present Research Papers.  All the important events were led by me.  MSRF has its own constraints and limitations in working like a Family Management.  It was not worthwhile for me to continue beyond August 2018. 

14.5 My Switching from Banking Industry to Academics was in 1999. Even though I was strong in both qualifications and experience, I was told that doing research and having PhD are equally essential in Academics.  I started writing articles in 2000 itself and first published on Economic Reforms in India in 2001 waiting to register for PhD with MAHE.  Later I wrote papers on Insurance with Meghdoot and Training & Development with Vidhusekhar Jha in 2002.  From 2003 onwards, I started writing Research / Conference Papers on Banking, Management Education, Entrepreneurship, etc in a structured manner co-authored and guided by Dr KS Srinivasa Rao and presented / published them.  

14.5.1 All above three colleagues moved out of TAPMI by 2005-06.  I also shifted to Alliance Business School, Bangalore in 2006, but continued writing research papers on Banking, Management, Private Equity, Foreign Banks, Entrepreneurship, Microfinance, Financial Inclusion, etc, despite my teaching and admin responsibilities.  Back to TAPMI, Manipal in 2009, I continued associating with Dr Rao, Dr Kavita Chavali, Dr Subrat Sahu, Dr Yerram Raju, Prof A Varalakshmi et al and pursued my research interests.  But, due to frequent changes, I missed my attempts for PhD enrolment with Mangalore University and AIMA, New Delhi.   

14.6 In the year 2018, I came across an opportunity / offer from Dr APJ Abdul Kalam Centre for Research in Coimbatore who has an affiliation with University of Swahili in Panama, Central America to submit all my research work (about thirty papers) for considering an Honorary PhD.  I complied with all requirements and then received a confirmation from the University that I would be conferred the same in December 2018 in Bangkok, Thailand.  I travelled with Ganga to Bangkok and received the same. 

Received Honorary PhD from University of Swahili in Dec 2018


14.7 On this occasion, SBI, Corporate Centre, Mumbai captured my journey of life / career turning from a Banker to a Professor of Management and accomplishing at every stage in my post-SBI career in September2019: file:///C:/Users/chowd/OneDrive/Desktop/CP%20Misc/Second%20Innings%20September%202019.pdfPlease click here to view the issue: SBI Second Innings Sept 2019 issue carries Life and Career of Prof Dr Chowdari Prasad in 11-12 pages by Prof Chowdari Prasad Ph.D. - Issuu

Continued ......... 15



No comments: