Friday, October 28, 2022

 13. Quit IFIM and Freelancing 2016 

With Dr Srividya and Smt Bindushree of IFIM Bangalore in August 2015

With Ms Marushka of IFIM Bangalore 






Receiving Best Business School award for IFIM from Padmabhushan Awardee 
Sri Abhinav Bindra, India's Olympic Gold Medalist in New Delhi in 2015



In Shanghai, China with participants of NHRD Senior Management Program, Dec 2014

Industrial Tour in Shanghai, with NHRD Program participants, Dec 2014

At the 19th Annual Convocation of IFIM in August 2015 as Dean (Academics) 

13.1 Having quit IFIM in September 2016, at the age of 64, I was really feeling fresh and relaxed.  My wife Ganga was actively working as Principal of St Mira's High School in Bangalore.  Sravanthi is happily married and was living with her husband in Melbourne.  Having lost my elder brother in 2015, a new concern bothering me was my mother's ill health.  She was living in our own home in Saidabad Colony in Hyderabad with my younger brother's family. She was 82 years old and was hospitalised due to a fracture / fall at home in Hyderabad during September 2016.  After prolonged suffering, she died in December 2016.  God was kind to her that all children were well settled and also spent her time with grandchildren.  

13.2 My ex-colleague at TAPMI, Manipal Dr TN Badri invited me to handle a Course on Banking for MBA students of Rajalakshmi School of Business in Chennai in mid-2017.  It was a 3-credit course and elective subject for second year students of MBA.  I put in all my best efforts to deliver a high-quality content to groom the students eventually to get placed in banks.  I derived tremendous satisfaction for this assignment. 

13.3 Dr Sankaran, Director of JKSHIM, Nitte in Mangalore Dist is an ex-colleague of mine at TAPMI during 2003-2006.  He is a top-class teacher and researcher, and worked in SP Jain, IMI besides TAPMI in India and in Sarjah University prior to joining Nitte group.  He invited me to consult on Admissions for Nitte and for studying the scope for an International BBA Program, taking support from Dr Ananth Rao, my friend whom I introduced.  I utilised the free time to dispose of the two flats in Manipal. 

13.4 It may not be a direct incident or part of my career in banking etc.  But, as an ex-Banker Pensioner and a common citizen, a retired professor the Demonetisation 2016 needs a mention here. 2016 Indian banknote demonetisation - Wikipedia.  The announcement by PM Modi on the night of November 8, was a shock to many like me.  Currency Notes of Rs. 500 and Rs. 1,000 denominations were scrapped with immediate effect.  We rushed to Bank branches to surrender the notes / cash available at home to exchange with lower denomination or credit to bank account.  

13.5 Next two-three months we were starved of free transactions in banks with our own balances in savings accounts, standing in front of ATMs and at the mercy of bank staff pleading for withdrawals for essential expenses or travel or health and so on.  Typical treatment of PSB branches versus Private Banks like Axis Bank that too as a Senior Citizen cannot be forgotten.  Also, when my friend Mr Ravi and family from Sydney, Australia travelled to Bangalore / TN / AP / Telangana for a month or so, how I had to help him procuring hard cash is worth mentioning.  There was so much mistrust, confusion, lack of guidelines regarding Foreign Currency conversion and so on. 

Continued ......... 14


No comments: