Thursday, December 22, 2011

Basel I, II and III now

Basel I, II and now III

I have been toying with the idea of writing a brief article on the journey of Indian Banking System in the era of reforms since 1993 including Basel I, II and III.  Bank for International Settlements (BIS) has been continuously working on implementation of these guidelines across the globe to bring in common standardisation.  Interestingly, there have been strenuous efforts and endeavours from GOI and RBI side to also bring in productivity and profitability as also transparency in the working of banks in public, private and foreign sector in India.

Having already implemented Basel I and II guidelines, now is the time to take on Basel III guidelines.  The above link / content is from Moodys Analytics towards Basel III. 

No comments: