Friday, August 6, 2010

e-World e-India e-Hyderabad 2010

It was a memorable trip to Hyderabad (my home town, of course) this week to participate in the 6th e-India 2010 Conference cum Exhibition on behalf of TAPMI, Manipal.  Prof Mohan Kumar and Mr Venkateswar Rao were in my team.  The venue was hi-tec city based Hyderabad International Convention Centre and Novotel Hotel.  I call it e-World instead of e-India because I could witness Representatives, Delegates, Ministers and Officials from UK, Canada, Egypt, Sri Lanka, Bangladesh and Malaysia were around besides thousands from all over India.

I was on a con-call with K2 members of Hyd-Bangalore-Manipal and expressed my immense satisfaction about TAPMI's presence in the mega-event.  If the western world witnessed Industrial Revolution in previous century, and India had gone through Green-Blue-White Revolutions before, the twenty-first century is experiencing e-Revolution, I said.  Our partners NISG were present in the Stall No. 16-F of TAPMI's e-GPX, thanks to Mr Harish Iyer, Mr Piyush (GM) and Ms Sridevi Ayyagari besides several other visitors from private, public, govt officials and students as also aspirants.  Another interesting feature was that two senior TAPMI alumni made a flash visit. These are Sanjay Bansal of 1996-98 and Sujana Chalasani of 1985-87 (USA).  We are organising a Dinner Alumni Meet for Hyderabad TAPMIans today at Hotel Aditya Park, Ameerpet; thanks to support from Maddi V Sudarsan of 1987-89 and expect a good turnout for sharing news, views and developments.

More in my next blog.  I feel we were in the right place at the right time for a right cause.

No comments: