Sunday, August 29, 2010

Friends of Mumbai

My trip to Mumbai for a brief three days - 27th to 29th August, 2010 was very fruitful. I could not see any of my old friends in Mumbai in my last visit in April for Admissions to TAPMI's PGP 2010. 

On the first day, 27th I met Shri D Anjaneyulu of RBI (retd ED) at his home after a long gap of at least seven years.  Vatsala, my niece accompanied me and we spent over two hours with their family discussing so many things in Mumbai, the bank, the academic field, the relationship, the family members and all.

Next day was hectic in IMC, Churchgate in a Workshop on Ramakrishna Bajaj Quality Awards 2011.  Dr Geeta Bharadwaj was the resource person and it was interestig to sit alongwith about 25 members of the academic community.  The cross section was from primary, secondary, higher secondary, technical, management schools, Distance Education, School for Deaf (also referred as Challenged) and some service providers.  Mostly they were from Mumbai and a few from Pune, Thane, Kalyan, Bangalore, Kolkata and me from Manipal. 

End of the day I roamed around in Churchgate and Nariman Point to recall my years of life in Mumbai (1984-1993).  Thank God, it was not raining heavily on all those days.  By evening, I reached Borivali (took a local train from Churchgate) to see my old and ailing friend Mr Kajal Kumar Chatterjee (ex-SBI colleague).  I met Mr Uday Godse (also retired from SBI) there and also spoke over phone with Mr Ketan Vakil.  During our chit-chat, we recalled several names from junior level to Chairmen of SBI.  It was not enough to reminisce in such a short time; but I returned home for Dinner.  Next day (29th Aug - Sunday), I returned to Mangalore/Manipal.  Sai was moving from Mumbai to Delhi and was with me in Mumbai too.

No comments: